Re: [TenTec] Orion Sub Receiver BW

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Sub Receiver BW
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:25:29 EST

Bottom line is , how does it sound, not how does it look on the monitor,.
Some where we loose sight of the fact this is a radio, primarily designed for
the ham bands and SWL and should be good on cw and ssb  and operate well on
several other modes such as AM and FM, and FSK. and yes you can drive the sub
reciever into the am broadcast bands, but I have a stereo in the living room
with 5 channels of sound for that purpose. I don't expect that from the Orion,
It was designed for hams, not audiophiles.. EH?

  We have the options of opening the BW up to 6k and narrowing it to  100
cycles, and filter it a dozen different ways, and I can usually find a combo
that works for the purpose  I need at the moment.  My very last  concern is
that
it does or does not show up as  a "true" wide band signal  of 6000 cycles on
the display.

I got my radio to send and receive.. all that other stuff is to help  control
it, but somewhere you have to remember this is a radio, not a piece of  test
equipment.

What does it take to please some folks on this reflector?? I am glad my  name
is not  Ten Tec.  They have an extremely difficult road  ahead of them  to
please everyone, all the time!!

Your Mileage May Vary.

tom N6AJR

In a message dated 3/16/2006 3:13:53 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,