Re: [TenTec] Further Orion Sub Receiver -- Some results

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Further Orion Sub Receiver -- Some results
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:08:04 -0800
Grant:

What do you see at 100% modulation?  I have noticed a fair bit of distortion
on AM on the O2, even on ground-wave commercial broadcast signals, and have
reported this to TT.  I don't hear it at lower levels of modulation, and
it's most noticeable on peaks, particularly on voice.  Sounds like
flat-topping of some sort.

Ron N6AHA