Re: [TenTec] Further Orion Sub Receiver -- Some results

To: "'Ron Castro'" <ronc@sonic.net>,"'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Further Orion Sub Receiver -- Some results
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:26:15 -0600
> What do you see at 100% modulation?  I have noticed a fair
> bit of distortion on AM on the O2, even on ground-wave
> commercial broadcast signals, and have reported this to TT.

I'm going to play around with it some more tonight.  I only ran at 50% for
the quickie this afternoon.

There's also a funny non-harmonic spur that shows up, just on the +PBT side
of center, at about 2350 Hz, that shouldn't have been there.  It was 30+ dB
down.  Need to look at that also and see it it's really there, or something
I did.  I think it was really there, but I want to verify it before I draw
any conclusions.

Grant