Re: [TenTec] Orion II NR with 2.031

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II NR with 2.031
From: "Douglas Shock" <douglas.shock@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 17:15:49 -0700
I don't know about that Henrick. Unless I am contesting, I leave the 600 and
300 off and use auto. Seems to work pretty well.

I thought I was onto something between the roofing filters and the NR but it
turned out to be nothing. The distortion on weak signal copy is independent
of the selected roofing filter when using narrow roofing filters.

The NR works great until the signal drops below a certain threshold and then
distortion is introduced to the signal.

The big boys here on this reflector are hashing this and many other items
out so I am sitting back watching, learning, and being quite. Hopefully
TenTec is watching as well.