Re: [TenTec] Rx-320 as beacon device?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Rx-320 as beacon device?
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 14:16:08 -1000
Hi Rich,
> I know MFJ had/has an all in one unit that would turn on lights on a world
> map showing that the beacon is active. At least I think thats how it worked.
The MFJ unit I believe you are  referring to is the MFJ-890. The list
price in the catalog I am looking at is $99.95. When I saw that price,
for what I assumed it does, I thought that was an incredible deal. That
was only because my assumption was incorrect. I assumed that it is a
beacon receiver with a world map display which indicates the beacon that
is transmitting. Then when I read the description carefully I realized
that the only receiver it has is the WWVB receiver to synchronize it's
clock. It has no beacon receiver. All it does is turn on LEDs on the map
to tell you which beacon transmitter is supposed to be transmitting. You
have to also have a HF receiver, and you have to tune the receiver to
the appropriate frequency to receive the beacons.

DE N6KB