Re: [TenTec] Corsair Questions

To: geraldj@ispwest.com,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair Questions
From: joel hallas <jrhallas@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 16:23:36 -0500
The reason I got rid of my Corsair (perhaps was that I found the RIT
range insufficient for serious DX "split" operation. I spent a lot of
time unsuccessfully looking for the extra VFO and finally traded it in
to T-T on a used Paragon, which has a dual VFO function built in.

I have been very happy with the Paragon, however, the Corsair definately
has better near-in (inside 20 kHz) IMD and blocking dynamic range
performance. On the other side, the Paragon has very effective and
flexible frequency control in one box and adds general coverage
(including easy mod to allow 60 M transmit.\

If I could have found an external VFO for the Corsair, I'd still be
using it as my main rig.

So if split frequency opns are of interest, watch for one with the
external VFO!

GL and 73, Joel

Joel R. Hallas, W1ZR