[TenTec] Johnson matchbox tuner,

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Johnson matchbox tuner,
From: Lee A Crocker <lee_crocker@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:33:55 -0800 (PST)
If you take apart a match box you will see the link
coil is tapped in the middle and at the end.  The
middle tap goes to the coax connector to the rig.  The
end tap goes to the Recieve terminals through the
relay.  I put a switch so I could switch between the 2
taps, the middle and the end.  The coax goes to the
arm of the switch and the contacts to to the taps.

It extends the match in some circumstances.  I put the
switch on the back panel to preserve the front in a
hole that was used for a coax connector output.  I
only use this tuner for balance tuning so the loss of
the coax connector is no biggie.

73  W9OY