Re: [TenTec] RF choke across Pegasus input?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF choke across Pegasus input?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:49:40 -0600
On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 15:57 -0500, Craig Roberts wrote:
> An ex-Pegasus (now FlexRadio) user has told me that he attenuated RF
> feedback from an antenna in close proximity by bypassing his mike input
> line to chassis ground  with a 100 uH RF choke.
>
> Has anyone else tried this?  What, if any, were the results?
>
> Many thanks and 73,
>
> Craig
> W3CRR
 Actually 100 uh at 4 MHz is only 2K. On a 50K input it could cut some
RF and enhance RF where the input C resonated the choke. On the other
hand that choke surely has a series resonance and would be effective at
attenuating RF close to the multiple series resonances.

The DC resistance would quiet the audio most drastically. Just think
you'd clear up lots of TVI complaints and grumbles about the radio
response that way by almost killing the RF output completely. There are
some radios that deserve that.

73, Jerry, K0CQ