[TenTec] Original Orion FW 2.x Upgrades

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Original Orion FW 2.x Upgrades
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:19:27 -0600
> We can only assume that work on these problem areas is ongoing,  but
there
> has been no communication from Ten Tec as to whether they consider V
2.0 a
> finished work or not,  or if further updates will be coming out for
the old
> Orion.

Why does this continue to be asked when TT has made it clear that they
are working to keep the original Orion on the upgrade path at least for
the near future?  Since we're now on 2.56, that is at least an indication
that "2.0" isn't the final level!  You're right, they could communicate
better with us, but all indications I've seen say they are still busy
working hard to clear up the remaining problems on 2.x firmware for both
the Orion and Orion II.  Where they will go with the original Orion after
that isn't clear.

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas