Re: [TenTec] Argosy Questions

To: kg6tt@arrl.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy Questions
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@qsl.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 21:20:23 -0400
Jerry:

You are correct. Shifting the PTO offset to get zero beat will put the
beat note outside the filter passband. Try the scheme used in the
Corsair. The spot button just activates an internal audio oscillator
that is set to 750 Hz, the same frequency as the CW offset. You just
push the button then zero beat the incoming signal with the 750 Hz tone.
It takes a little practice and it works better if you're wearing
headphones, but its simple and works quite well. My Paragon doesn't have
this feature and to me it seemed like a step backwards.

                        73,

                        Bob WB2VUF