Re: [TenTec] V 1.372 for Orion

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] V 1.372 for Orion
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:34:46 -0700
The problems are with the 2.0xx firmware for both the O1 and O2.  With the
O2, I can't load back to a v. 1.0xx, so I'm stuck with the problems.

As for offset between Main and Sub, it's most likely that the crystals in
the two DSP's are slightly off frequency, but a firmware fix is possible if
the user is allowed compensate for the offset in a menu item, much like the
offset control for the narrow roofing filters.  Many programs that use the
soundcard in your computer, such as RTTY programs, allow for such a
compensation, and since the 14 kHz DSP IF in the Orions is based on similar
technology as a soundcard I figure it shouldn't be all that hard to do.

You must be older than me if you know the right way to spell Oija!  Actually
my spell checker also shows Ouija as a spelling....

73...
Ron N6AHA