Re: [TenTec] question about updates

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] question about updates
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:22:45 -0400
Speech Processor.........I was unaware that the drop off at 3300hz was that
severe,  but knew the low end response was somewhat limited.  I have heard
many O2's on the air and they don't sound bad at all.  they just don't have
the full spectrum audio of the O1 V1.  However, I heard one on the Ten Tec
net last Sunday running some outboard Eq and he sounded very good.  I
believe that was Ron,  N6AHA.  Maybe an email to Ron could help you unravel
all this and give you some insight about what to do.  By the way,  this does
not appear to be a problem for the owners of the O2,  as they seem to be
satisfied with the audio based on conversations I have had with some of
them.  This seems to be very subjuctive and at least one guy I kow who does
contesting and dxing considers the audio ideal for what he does.  So there
you go.......it all depends on what you are looking to do.
Toby  W4CAK