[TenTec] Orion II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II
From: "Lou Hodges" <w9il@netwitz.net>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 14:51:03 -0500
I have had my Orion II for about 3 months now, and find it to be an
excellent piece of equipment.  It is the first piece of Ten-Tec gear that I
have ever owned in more than 47 years of hamming.   I agree that there are a
few firmware fixes that need to be made, but nothing that I consider a
problem that interferes with my use of the radio for contesting, DXing, and
general ragchewing on CW, SSB, or the digital modes.

If I had it to do all over again today, after having learned about the radio
from first hand user experience, would I still choose the Orion II over
other rigs available on the market today?  Definitely..regardless of
price..no question about it.

As far as this reflector goes, I do get a little weary wading through all of
the unnecessary posts, especially those from the few who use it to let all
the rest of us "average hams" know (repeatedly, I might add) how much of an
expert they are on the particular subject at hand.

However, if that's what it takes to glean a few useful tidbits of
information, I will continue to wade my way through.

73,

Lou     W9IL