Re: [TenTec] 2.033

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 2.033
From: Lin Davis <linbdavis@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 21:02:28 -0400
Hi Grant,

Thanks for the info. Interesting.

I respect what you say, and hope that if you find out it what they are truly
doing, you let us know. I'll do likewise.
I totally agree that with a constant signal, the SNNR is not improved, but when
the signal pauses, the noise level is reduced, and that is a benefit to me. For
CW work, I notice that the weak CW note sounds raspy, but is is more distinct
and stands out from the noise more than without NR on. Especially with a very
narrow BW setting, where all the noise is spectrally close to the CW note.

73,
Lin
WB1AIW