[TenTec] My first TenTec Rig.. RIP

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] My first TenTec Rig.. RIP
From: Dave Tipton <dave@lodave.org>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 06:27:30 -0700 (PDT)
Last night at approximately 3am, my first TenTec rig, a Jupiter was hit by the
effects of a lightning storm.  It was not connected to an antenna at the time,
but it WAS connected to a computer, that was attached to a network segment that
came directly off of my DSL router.  (Pretty sure this is where it came in the
house.. IE Phone line)

  I post this, to remind folks, that even if you disconnect the antennas, or
have your tower triple grounded with multiple polyphasers, there is still one
area in which this particular radio and several others, is still succeptable to
EMF pulses.

  Keep that in mind as we move into the stormy season.. Let's be safe out
there.  Now... Off to call the insurance company....

  Dave, W3DMT

  PS - Scott (At Tentec), I think we're gonna have to talk on Monday. LOL