[TenTec] Orion v1 - Orion v2/II NR Comparison

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion v1 - Orion v2/II NR Comparison
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 07:09:56 -0400
 >On the downside, if you are using NR on
the v1, AN doesn't work - but the manual
notch does.

         Grant, this was your only surprising
comment to me, but perhaps I simply need
some clarification.  Do you mean with NR
and AN both activated?  I've tried my AN
with both activated and it does seem to
work.  Of course I never use AN in CW mode
since it would be trying to null out the
desired signal (and which is why NOTCH is
more useful on CW).

         Thanks for making the measurements
and dispelling some of the myths and
"magic" in this area.  Yes, V2's NR needs
some work, but even V1's NR did nothing
that simply narrowing BW would not do.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV