[TenTec] Best Orion version for Field Day

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Best Orion version for Field Day
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 21:44:23 -0700
Our club, the Redwood Empire DX Association, is getting the use of an original
Orion for Field day this year. Last year this same unit that had an early
firmware version had crashing problems.  The unit has not had the hardware mod,
so we will need to use a 1.x version.  I want to ask the O1 owners, which of
the various 1.x versions are stable and most useful in a Field Day-type contest?

I believe it will be used for both phone and CW.

Ron N6AHA