Re: [TenTec] Best Orion version for Field Day

To: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Best Orion version for Field Day
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 08:58:52 -0700
Thanks for all the comments about the firmware versions for FD.  I'll pass
it along to the rig owner so he can decide what he wants to do.  I'm leaning
toward the 2.056 without the band scope.  I don't think it's all the useful
for FD, especially when we generally operate in "running" mode on account of
having an outstanding site and amazing antennas.  For a 2A entry, we'll have
a MonstIR, several mono-banders and low-band loops.  One of our members is a
tower rigger, so we'll have lots of iron and aluminum in the air.

Look for W6KB (as in Kick Butt!) in FD this year!

Ron N6AHA