Re: [TenTec] Relay for Corsair, argosy

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Relay for Corsair, argosy
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 23:28:42 -0400
TOD..

i have just what you need!
I use this critter to control trition's argosy's and other ten tec
radios.

it will switch 30 amps but the switch contacts in the radio only see
15 ma...

it's fet driven and when switched,  the relay holding current is only
1/3 of the rated coil current.

I don't have a photo of it yet, but did make up 5 prototypes...

The original idea was for using the older ten tec radios on emergency
power i.e battery, but wanting to use the front panel power switch..

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/