Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus Question

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus Question
From: "Denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 21:28:08 -0700
I also have the same rig....
I will assume that you have done everything the manual has indicated.
Are you using the matching power supply?
In my case, the finals and final driver transisters went south...and it
happens all of a sudden.
Pull the top cover and see if the driver transistor is putting out a signal
to the rf amplifier section. If you have signal from that and the heatsink
on the rf brick is cool, then the finals probably will need to be replaced.
Since I got the rig back the last time from TT for repairs, I procured the
matching TT power supply...the one that shuts down right now when the rig
draws too much collector current. No problems since then.