[TenTec] Jupiter upgrade

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter upgrade
From: "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <k9ot@mhtc.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:00:58 -0500
We have a Jupiter that does not get used as much as it should. Omni V,Omni
VI+, Corsair II, get used much more.

I think that I saw on here that there was some new firmware out for it. I
know that ours has not been upgraded for several years.

I am thinking of using it for field day on CW. For the guys that have
upgraded to the latest firmware, how do you think that it would do on CW at
Field days crowded bands? Do you have an Omni V or VI, or a Corsair II to
compare it to?

As I remember, I liked the crystal filters in the Omni, Corsair, better than
the ones in the Jupiter. Any comments or opinions would be welcome.

Thanks 73
Paul K9OT