Re: [TenTec] 50 watts out

To: roncasa@verizon.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 50 watts out
From: Randy Russe3ll <lord_russell53@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:45:42 -0700 (PDT)
What I do like about the Scout is it's ability to go
50 Watts. Qrp is fine when condx are above marginal.
But you get on a trip, and the bands go bad on you,
your radio gear is useless baggage to take along. I
believe it to be a good radio for when it was built
and what it was designed to do.  I have yet to operate
one or even hear the rcvr on one. I would have to
consider a new K 4 before buying a scout. The K4 rcvr
is only on par with a Wilderness Sierra, say, but that
is enough.  Lot of extra features thrown in in the K4
(or even K2), but only 5+ watts.   So I guess it all
comes down to the design/cost tradeoffs  and personal
needs/tradeoffs.  Maybe I'll go read the reviews.  Tnx
 Ke7dfp