Re: [TenTec] Scout needs a new home

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scout needs a new home
From: Randy Russe3ll <lord_russell53@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 09:14:45 -0700 (PDT)
Ya, but how does the rcvr do in the CW mode?  Is it as
good as a middle of the road rcvr like the K1 for
instance?  How does it's rcvr compare to say, a IC
703, 847 mk 11, or one of the other low end
semi-portable all banders?
I would consider one for cw but heard somewhere rcvr
is a little pale.  But for the money of a used one,
it's only the price of a couple good mono bander kits.
 Worth a look.  Sure it can't touch the Argo V (more
money).  Maybe a few more years and the used Argo V's
will be a hell of a deal.