Re: [TenTec] corsair scrambled&scrachy audio

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] corsair scrambled&scrachy audio
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 16:32:58 -0700
Without more to go on, it is hard to say.  My first guess is lots of RF
sneaking back to the radio, but not by the mike (since you tried
several).  Have you tried testing into a dummy load and listening on
another radio to see if the audio cleans up?

Next, I would listen carefully to the CW note for other clues.  Is it a
nice, clean tone?

Then, I would look at an ammeter to see how much current you draw on
peaks (and also try a good peak reading wattmeter) just to see how the
finals section is doing.

Where are you located?  I am on the CA coast, near San Luis Obispo.  It
would be great if you lived nearby, I could drop by!  You may find
someone nearby who could help troubleshoot, many times these problems
are not serious, they just take some careful snooping around the rig.

Clark
WA3JPG