Re: [TenTec] FT-2000 Webpage

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FT-2000 Webpage
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 11:23:21 -0700
My understanding is that IMD damage gets done in the first IF.  Once the IMD
artifacts are created, no amount of narrow filtering later on down the line
will remove the ones that fall into the desired passband.  Hence the 15 dB
difference in close-in selectivity performance between the Orions and the
'7800 or any of the other high performance up-converting radios out there
today.

Doug Smith details that in this article:

http://www.doug-smith.net/orion.htm

Look at the text below Figure 3.

Ron N6AHA