Re: [TenTec] Omni-VI+ Phase Nosie and INRAD roofing filter mod?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-VI+ Phase Nosie and INRAD roofing filter mod?
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 00:05:13 -0700
" .... I'd use the Corsair II. No question,.... I don't think the narrow
roofing filter for the Omni VI will solve your problem. I think using
the Corsair II will be more fun and more productive though it won't
think for itself, nor log automatically."
-- 73, Jerry, K0CQ

My thinking is pretty much along the same lines. What I can not afford to do is
get there and find out that the Omni-VI+ isn't going to handle the close in
signals. Unlike your experience, we are all on the same band at the same time.
Pretty difficult conditions.

Anyway I probably will install the roofing filter board in the Omni-VI+ at some
point.... but I probably will forgo using it at Field Days.

Jerry, KG6TT

--
KG6TT
Ralph Jerald "Jerry" Volpe