Re: [TenTec] Omni-VI+ Phase Noise and INRAD roofing filter mod?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-VI+ Phase Noise and INRAD roofing filter mod?
From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 06:05:03 -0700 (PDT)
RE LO noise measurements - Note that the Sherwood
measurements are not very consistent for the spacing used to
measure the LO phase noise:

Orion (II)  10kHz
Corsair      4kHz
Omni VI+    20kHz

It's really too bad Bob didn't pick something in the range of
3-5 kHz as the standard spacing for the phase noise
measurement tests for all of the radios he tests. With the
test spacing all over the place it is hard to make any direct
comparisons between radios for LO phase noise performance.

Duane
N9DG