Re: [TenTec] Need Help On Omni VI+ Rcvr Audio Mod

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Need Help On Omni VI+ Rcvr Audio Mod
From: W5vhp@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 23:24:47 EDT
Peter,

I had the same questions and sent an e-mail to George at  Inrad.  This is his
response:  "The factory installed caps are much  too big. (meaning in
capacitance).  That is why the audio response is so  limited.  Since the two
caps in
series are 10 times the value of the new  cap from Inrad, you need only remove
one.  The one that is left in the  circuit has little effect on the new cap."

I haven't performed the mod, yet.  When I do, I will remove  the smt cap and
replace it with the leaded cap. that was included in the  kit.

Good luck!

Larry       W5VHP