Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ on it's way

To: tentec@contesting.com, A7bull@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ on it's way
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 18:26:57 EDT

In a message dated 6/5/2006 3:23:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
a7bull@hotmail.com writes:

My  questions to the list are: do I use a standard modem cable to connect
to  my computer or do I need a null version? Also...I was thinking of getting

the roofing filter (600 hz) from Inrad. What is the opinion of those? I'm
primarily a  CW guy and have gotten interested in contesting in the  last few
months. Also any tips or suggestions for other things I might do  would be
much appreciated. Thanks!
Andy  W1AWB

I don't own a 6 but from info on the reflector and from a good friend who
does own one they recommend the filter as a "good thing" for prevention of
phase
 noise and birdies from adjacent radios.