Re: [TenTec] Just noticed ...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Just noticed ...
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 06:44:40 -0400
The Paragon was, I believe, the first Ten Tec transceiver to have AM
receive, useful to listen to SW broadcasts on the general coverage receiver.
AM transmit capability was one of the changes added to the Paragon II.
Besides the Paragon II, I think only the current Jupiter and Orions can
transmit AM.

I once heard it was a TT policy to not include AM to avoid these radios
being adopted for illegal use by CBers.

=Vic=
WA4THR