Re: [TenTec] Using Airpax breaker

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using Airpax breaker
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 16:30:21 -0400
You know, the unbelievable part of this discussion is how quickly people
weigh in with their opinions having no facts to back them up.  Putting the
rigs of other people at risk because "I feel" or "I find it easier to
believe..." or "search google" are without a doubt the most self-serving,
grandiose proclamations I've seen lately.  If you think fuses are better,
take it up with Ten-Tec or with a mystic and use fuses on your own rigs.  A
man asked the best way to connect the wires to his magnetic circuit breaker
and was answered by somebody who told him that a circuit breaker was not as
good (fast) as a fuse.

I would respectfully suggest that until one can back up his opinions with
some independently verifiable facts by citing such, he keep them to himself.
This is not alchemy.  It is not Zen.  It is, we hope, a fairly reliable
source of pretty good advice based upon our experience or facts.

I renew my call to any of you diviners:  please find and link all of us to
specifications for ANY fuse which will operate at 18 DC amps and trip at
24.9 DC amps in 10 to 20 milliseconds or less.  We await your reply.

Mike N4NT