[TenTec] Low output on Centruion after lightning

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Low output on Centruion after lightning
From: "Jim Miller WB5OXQ" <wb5oxq@grandecom.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 22:20:16 -0500
I have a Centurion about 6 years old that has always made around 1200-1300
watts on all hf bands except about 1000 on 10 meters.  I recently had a
lightning strike to my fiberglass dual band vhf uhf antenna on a different
tower from my hf antennas and neither of my hf transceivers were damaged.  I
now find that I can only get about 700 watts on any band driving the amp with
either transceiver.  Could this have damaged the tubes?  I don't mind a new
pair of 3-500's if that will fix the problem.  Should I buy the regular 3-500z
tubes or the zg graphite models.  Will I gain anything by using the graphite
plate tubes?  Any mods anyone can recommend that will improve the amp
performance while I am in there?  Suggestions please!

      Jim & Ella Miller
WB5OXQ & KA5EPM
     Abby & Sparky
Dalmatian Furbabies