Re: [TenTec] 961 power supply question ...

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 961 power supply question ...
From: "William Lee" <n5wrx@stx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:36:17 -0500
I Agree Mike, that 5 watts is no big deal.
However, the fact the power supply trips out at 100 watts indicates a
problem.
Would you buy a radio with such a problem?
I would like to investigate the problem and try to fix it before it becomes
a bigger one.

Running the Pegasus at 100 watts into a proper load is what the transmitter
is designed to do.
Doing that should never damage anything.

William Lee N5WRX