Re: [TenTec] SDR, etc.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>,crgrbrts@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SDR, etc.
From: Dave Tipton <dave@lodave.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:00:12 -0700 (PDT)
I'll buy one if you do...
  http://www.aorusa.com/ard9800.html

  I know it's just digital over an analog line, but ain't it a cool idea?

Craig Roberts <crgrbrts@verizon.net> wrote:
  Rather than trying to bring incremental (and infinitesimal) improvements
to analog broadcasting, shouldn't we be exploring new technologies like
DRM (Digital Radio Mondiale)? Wouldn't that be more fun and ultimately
more useful, metaphorically speaking, than attempting to squeeze one
more horsepower out of a 100 year old internal combustion engine design?

I guess that's why I'm enjoying the digital modes so much -- though I'd
really like to see voice communications similarly experimented with and
developed.

73,

Craig
W3CRR