Re: [TenTec] SDR-1000

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SDR-1000
From: "James Duffer" <dufferjames@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 06:47:43 -0500
I was under the impression that noise was partially caused by temperature
(molecular activity).  I know that the sun causes noise, as I used to
observe the sun strobe on the FAA long range radar I maintained for years
near Memphis TN.  Also a MDS of -114 dBm was considered an excellent figure
and this was using a parametric preamplifier.  And the "discernable" in MDS
was by observing the pulse just as it came out of the noise.  There was
always noise, every day of the year.  Believe me if there was no "grass" you
had something broke!.  I am not referring to man made noise.

73, Jim wd4air