[TenTec] 252G Power Supply question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 252G Power Supply question
From: Craig Roberts <crgrbrts@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:07:11 -0400
Hi y'all,

I've just acquired an old model 252G power supply which I plan to use
with my Corsair to avoid sharing my 963 supply with my Pegasus.

When I tried the 252G with the Corsair it tripped the overload circuit
at about 15 amps (60 watts or so).  The incremental adjustment of a pot
inside the supply -- which I assume is a current limiting device --
cured the problem, but I'm curious as to how the setting should be made
"by the book." This supply seems barely adequate for the transceiver.

Many thanks and 73,

Craig
W3CRR