[TenTec] Filter Information, and request for more

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Filter Information, and request for more
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 12:31:43 -1000
Hi all,

Ten-Tec optional accessory filters have both a model number and a stock
code. Standard filters may not have a model number and just a stock
code. (I am speculating on that point.) Sometimes
both of these numbers appear on  the filter, each number ink stamped on
one of the crystal cans, and sometimes only one of the numbers is there.
Sometimes only part of one of the numbers is legible. If both numbers
are there, they are usually in two different colors of ink. There are
also other colored marks on some of the crystals, which may be some kind
of batch code, or indicator of frequency offset from nominal
specification. (also speculation on my part) Anyone know?

Here is the data I have collected about model numbers and stock codes
for Ten-Tec crystal filters

Model Number / Stock Code
216 / 48161
217 / 48306
218 / 48037
219 / 48055
220 / 48058
221 / 48243
282 / 48054
285 / 48053
288 / 48075
unk / 48127 6 kHz BW 9 MHz IF filter used for AM in Paragon
unk / 48074 ? possibly an alternate stock number for the model 220 or
the number used for the 8 pole 2.4 kHz standard filter when not sold as
an optional accessory?

There are some gaps in this information. I would like to collect more of
this information. It can be very helpful when we have an unknown filter.

Some of this data came from a single page included in the manual for my
first Ten-Tec radio, an Omni VI. The heading of that page is TEN-TEC
INSTRUCTION SHEET MODELS 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, and 221 CRYSTAL
FILTERS. Some of this information came from the PASSBAND TUNING BOARD
SCHEMATIC in my Paragon II manual. The rest of the information came from
looking at the filters in my rigs.

Next time you have your rig open, please take note of the numbers on
your filters and post any accurate information on the reflector, so we
can  develop a complete cross reference list.

Thanks,

DE N6KB