Re: [TenTec] Unhappy Orion 2 Owner

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Unhappy Orion 2 Owner
From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:28:02 -0500
John, in U.K.
Who knows what the freight carrier did to your Orion on the overseas
shipment?

What we do when shipping scientific instrumentation internationally, is to
upon arrival, inspect the interior for damage, and unplug and reseat all
connectors, cards, etc.  You might try that and then call Ten Tec for more
troubleshooting hints.  From several years on this list, your experience is
NOT typical of Ten Tec Radios.

I have a Ten Tec I have hauled outdoors to USA Field Days for probably 10
years or more.  It has been rattled in the car, toted in cardboard boxes,
and even endured a shower or two from rain.  After drying off, checking
connectors, etc., it always works.

Stuart
K5KVH