Re: [TenTec] Being a Contrarian...."

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Being a Contrarian...."
From: Peter Connors <monotreme@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:51:01 +0100
K4IA@aol.com wrote:
> Wouldn't it be nice to have several stable software versions to choose  from?
>  Fix the instability problems in ver 1.371 without changing the NR  for
> instance.
>
> Just like one could choose to use Word or WordPerfect, one could  choose a
> software system optimized for SSB or CW.    Now, that  would be unbeatable.

I think you are right on the dollar, Buck.
If TT could make the firmware modular and patchable it would avoid much
of the 'which version is best?' exchanges between operators with
different operating styles.
While it might not be possible to fully address the tastes of all ops,
it could stop a lot of grumbles about O2 behaviour in those areas where
a majority consensus cannot be arrived at.

Pete, G4PLZ