Re: [TenTec] Being a Contrarian....

To: John Sheeley <wb4qda@yahoo.com>,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Being a Contrarian....
From: Sinisa Hristov <shristov@ptt.yu>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 23:37:58 -0400
John Sheeley wrote:

> I don't believe you can compare programming  SDR radio with the IC  7800 or
> the ftdx 9000 type radios which are hardware based

Just the opposite - IC7800 is more SDR and less hardware based than Orion.

That is, Orion performs three frequency conversions before going to DSP,
and IC7800 only two. Also, Icom uses twice as many digital signal processors,
each of them more powerful than Orion's.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VE3EA  (a happy Orion owner with no intent of buying IC7800)