Re: [TenTec] Yep -- Omni VII

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Yep -- Omni VII
From: Caitlyn Martin <caitlyn@mizuhoradio.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 00:55:13 -0500
On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 18:13:46 EDT
CATFISHTWO@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/3/2006 3:12:42 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> gsm@mendelson.com writes:
>
> On Thu,  Aug 03, 2006 at 03:00:40PM -0700, Grant Youngman wrote:
>
> > Frankly,  since it's something other than SNOBOL and the underlying
> > machine architecture isn't bi-quinary, I'm not so sure that the
> > whole thing isn't a fool's errand  ;-)
>
> how about CPM

SNOBOL is (was?) a programming language.  CP/M is (was?) an operating
system, pretty much a precursor to DOS.  Software written in any number
of languages could run on a CP/M based system.  It's apples and oranges.

I had to write SNOBOL code in my Artificial Intelligence class back in
college in the 1970s.  I haven't had to touch it since.  I'm pretty
sure that's a good thing.  I had to learn LISP for that class as well.
LISP was more interesting.

73,
Caity
K7VO