Re: [TenTec] Help with Digital Modes on Orion II

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help with Digital Modes on Orion II
From: RaySoifer@cs.com
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:41:04 EDT
In a message dated 8/17/06 7:29:13 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
rohre@arlut.utexas.edu writes:
> Good point Ray, about there being a software RTTY program.  I was mainly
> saying most TNCs include RTTY as one of the digital modes.

Hi Stuart,

Yes, I used to do RTTY with a PK-232 and a KWM-2 (de-rated to 50 W output for
RTTY), but it's so much easier with modern software such as MMTTY and either
of my TT radios (Argo V and O2).  The PK-232 has long since died but the good
old KWM-2 is still ticking after 44 years.  I use it mainly for the Collins
Collectors Net.

73,

Ray W2RS