Re: [TenTec] Help with Digital Modes on Orion II

To: "Tentec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help with Digital Modes on Orion II
From: "Geoff Stokes" <geoff.g0byh@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:24:20 +0100
Hi Gregg,

I have been using MixW with the MixW Rigexpert interface with the ORION I,
this interface connects via the USB on the PC and the AUX and serial socket
on the ORION. With the Macros in MixW and the ORION "Command Set" commands
you can set up all the ORION working parameters i.e. frequency, pre-amp
gain, aux gain(drive level), bandwidth etc for each band in use and just
send this to the ORION each time you want to change bands or modes, just
with a simple key click on the PC.
I have assigned Macro keys for each band for both PSK and RTTY.
If you assign USER 2 on the ORION to digital modes and USER 1 for SSB or CW
this further simplifies the whole operation.
I have been using mainly PSK and RTTY but have also found it to work well on
CW, OLIVIA etc.

Geoff - G0BYH