Re: [TenTec] "End of an Era"

To: Vince Santis <vsantis@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] "End of an Era"
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:16:54 -0500
On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 13:47 -0400, Vince Santis wrote:
> Not necessarily  so Jerry. If one uses the Jaws screenreading program it
> is totally keyboard operated.
>
> Vince Santis, N1VS
> Winsted, CT 06098

But, if like my dad K0CPN (now silent key), the ham isn't computer
conversant the computer isn't a helper. Its a road block. And can that
screen reading program handle the complex graphics of the simulated
radio with multiple mini windows and a spectrum? Lots of screen readers
breakdown on such complex graphics or simply go ape trying to read stuff
all over and out of order without linking description to function. Most
graphics designs don't take such a reader into account.

By using a radio with knobs my dad was able to continue to ham though
blind until he couldn't remember what his call was.
--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,