Re: [TenTec] DX4WIN_O2_INTER_WORKING

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] DX4WIN_O2_INTER_WORKING
From: "Larry Menzel" <retire@means.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 14:21:18 -0500
Hi, George,

Well this is curious.  This is just not right. And you're correct, what's
happening, is the program is seeking the input from the radio.  This is a
real anomoly, since the computer should be standing alone, and not dependent
on a particular program for proper booting sequences.

Try disconnecting your computer COM cable and try rebooting your computer.
Do not have DX4Win configured to start on boot up.  The computer should boot
normally.  I do not have DX4Win start automatically, but rather wait until
the computer is up, and then start the program.  Any reason why you can't
use that sequence?

Once the computer is booted, reconnect your COM cable and start DX4Win.  Be
sure to click RADIO/START RADIO in the menu, and be sure to STOP RADIO
before shutting down the O2 or before turning off the computer.  I always
stop my radio so that the computer doesn't poll for the rig.  BTW, there is
an error message that comes up in DX4Win when it can't find the radio,
anyway, and then stops polling.

Let us know.

Larry, N0XB