[TenTec] omni VI Low signal on receive

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] omni VI Low signal on receive
From: <k8vf_mark@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 13:35:33 -0400
I saw this ad on QTH, wondered if anyone has seen this problem?
ANy ideas, maybe we can help him.

Would lose filters  or bad contact on filters,cause this?

Mark
k8vf

HELP,
I have a omni VI that was working fine then one day at power-up the recv
audio was severely attenuated.Makes contacts fine,power out is full-up.All
reports are good ,I must turn the volume control up all the way to pick out
the stations.Has anyone had this problem and what is the fix??? This is the
original no-mods ,upgrades,or not a plus model.Maybe a tx/rx relay
problem!!!!!This rig recv,signals on s-meter are way down,a S9 signal is
S1... So no reason to suspect the audio amplifier chain,this is the same
with headphones,or external speaker.
Listing #551743 - Submitted on 09/07/06 by Callsign N4AX
Click Here to Email