Re: [TenTec] Orion2 Problem with indication of the analog meter

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion2 Problem with indication of the analog meter
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:43:33 -0700
There is no fix that I know of for the S-meter readings or the analog power
readings. I try to remember the S-meter corrections that I have on my
website and adjust the readings in my head, or I use the N4PY program which
is much closer to the truth, especially for signals more than S-9.  On the
power output, just look at the PWR setting...it is always correct within 2
or 3 watts at all power levels no matter what the analog meter says.  I have
talked to Ten Tec about this, and they read this e-mail reflector, so they
have seen me comment on it many times.  Maybe in a future firmware update
they will fix it.

Ron N6AHA