Re: [TenTec] orion 565 v2.056 bandstacking?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>,k8vf_mark@centurytel.net
Subject: Re: [TenTec] orion 565 v2.056 bandstacking?
From: ron@morell.us
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 21:12:40 -0700
Mark,
I think a preference is just that.  The N4PY software for the ORION offers a
great amount of flexibility in using the VFO A/B and Main/Sub receivers.  I find
using this software to greatly enhance the operation of the ORION to the point
that I rarely use the ORION without the computer interface of the N4PY software.
 With one or two mouse clicks the mode, vfo, band, whatever, is adjusted as I
would have it, almost intuitively now that I've read the directions and used the
program for a time.  Granted, it takes some time to learn and it is worthwhile
to learn the nuances of the Orion.ini file, but I don't see how an ORION user
can get the total value from the ORION without this N4PY software.  It is too
bad that this software doesn't run internal to the ORION with a touch screen
interface on the ORION!

Changing things from the front panel of the ORION could be changed in firmware
to the preference of certain users and to the chagrin of other users, or at
least that is the way I see it.   But of then to be fair to Ten Tec, frequencies
and modes can be held in memory for quick retrieval from the front panel in the
current firmware and this would provide a quick work around for what you want, I
think.

FWIW
Ron
KA7U