Re: [TenTec] Orion-2 slight problem...

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion-2 slight problem...
From: "David E. Shelton" <des.n4in@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 14:16:40 -0400
Paul at TT, knew exactly what it was when I called this AM. The speaker
magnet is not shielded and is causing a component on the board immediately
below it to malfunction. I presume it is in the audio chain. Replace that
component, a choke, or shield the speaker magnet and problem solved. I
removed the speaker as a test and problem solved, no further issues.
73,
David, N4IN