[TenTec] Questions on Corsair II

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Questions on Corsair II
From: "n0tu/Steve" <n0tu.qrp@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 17:20:55 -0600
I just picked up a nice Corsair II w/VFO and spent the weekend
learning how to drive it. What a great receiver! Lots of bells and
whistles to slice out the weak ones. After several hours of driving
them (RX/VFO) its apparent both PTOs will need rebuilding sooner than
later. The evidence is signal warble after tuning in a station which
finally settles out. At first I thought I was hearing 'Arctic flutter'
on a lot of stations but then realized it was on ALL signals! So any
tips on rebuilding PTOs?

Also I'm hearing a relay dropping in-and-out on CW? Should this be
happening? ...maybe it's a amp control relay? Hoping I can disable
this guy? Doesn't seem to affect the QSK as far as I can tell.

Another thing is the silly keyer speed control pot's usable range is
crammed into about 15 degrees? What's up with that? Plus the manual
does not include the keyer schematic. Although it's referenced in the
block diagram as the "logic board" no. 81246. Someone have the
schmatic for this?

So far I'm really happy with this rig. Think it'll stay on my desk a
long time once I work out the little bugs. Best of all no menus!

Steve/nØtu